Mmmm grilled pork chops! They can be sooo good! That is if you actually do it right LOL. Prok chops are super finicky and they can get dry quickly. But if you follow all the tips in this easy grilled pork chop recipe, I promise you’ll get the best, juiciest grilled pork chops yet!
Pork chops are literally my husbands favorite, (aside from steak LOL) And if the kids don’t interrupt me too many times, then they can turn out absolutely amazing! Even my kids love them. But that’s actually not really saying much because they love meat!
This grilled pork chop is super basic. Like salt and pepper basic. But don’t diss it!! You don’t need a ton of seasonings added to pork. This is actually our favorite way to eat it over any of the marinaded or dry rubbed recipes.
So let’s get into the recipe for these pork chops!
Are grilled pork chops actually healthy?
So I think everyone has a different definition of healthy. But in my world? These pork chops are definetly healthy!
Since we are not adding any fat to cook the pork( except for a little butter on top when they are resting) and not adding any sugars or other unnatural ingredients, they absolutely are healthy!
Tips to make these Easy Grilled Pork Chops turn out AMAZING
Follow these simple rules when grilling these pork chops and I promise they will turn out!
1. Let your meat come to room temperature before grilling. If your meat is still half frozen it won’t cook evenly, leaving you with overcooked on one side, and under cooked on the other side,
2. NEVER pierce your pork! Flip the pork using a spatula or tongs, DO NOT pierce with a fork to move them. You want all those yummy juices to stay in the meat.
3. Invest in a meat thermometer. This is the best, and most effective way to not over cook a pork chop!Actually any meat, but you get the idea. We’ll get more into the exact cooking times and temperature!
How long does it take to grill 1 inch pork chops?
So how long do you actually cook them right? So for a 1 inch pork chop, I say 5 minutes per side. (we’re talking a bone-in pork chop here. And on that note, a bone- in pork chop will give you much more flavor than a boneless!
Grill your pork over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes, flip, and grill for another 4-5 minutes. Then check your temperature! Once it reaches 145 degrees remove it.
How do you keep pork chops from drying out on the grill?
Oh man the big question isn’t it? A lot pf people don’t like pork because its dry. Well let me tell you a little secret. If your pork is dry it’s because its over cooked!
So follow the time guidelines I gave you above of cooking it 4 minutes on each side, and then checking your temperature. Remove as soon as it hit 145 degrees!! Even if you cook it to 150 degrees its already started drying out.
What temperature do I cook grilled pork chops to?
A pork chop, wether grilled or not is only suppoosed to be cooked to 145 degrees. After it reaches that temperature, remove from the heat and let stand(cover with foil) for another 5 minutes. ( This is when you call everyone to the table to sit for dinner!!) The pork will continue cooking and by the time your serve it it will be up to 150 or 155 degrees.
How do you cook pork chops on a gas grill?
Now that we know exactly what it takes to get an amazing pork chop lets get cooking!
1.Heat your grill on medium high heat to 400 degrees.
2. Let your pork come to room temperature. If it was sitting in the fridge, let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes, Then dry it on a paper towel, and rub in course ground pepper and course salt. By using the course grinds, you’ll get much better flavor than fine grind.
3. Once your grill is hot lay on the pork. Now DO NOT TOUCH IT! Seriously don’t. Close the lid and let it cook for 4 minutes. Then flip and let it cook another 4 minutes. (when its ready to flip it will come loosly off the grill)
4. Check the temperature. Is it at 145 degrees? Then take it off, put on a dab of butter, cover with tin foil and let it rest for 5 minutes. Not at the right internal temperature yet? Let it cook for another minute, and check again.
See?? In less than 5 steps you can have an amazing grilled pork chop that juicy and delicious!
We love serving pork with a salad like this strawberry spinach and bacon salad. (another on of the kids favorite.
Are you making this recipe? Tag me on Instagram stories @mamasrealmeals! I’d love to see.
As always if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me at jacqueline (@) mamasrealmeals.com
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||8-10 minutes|
|Passive Time||20 minutes|
- 3-4 in bonepork chops 1 inch thick
- 1 tbsp course salt
- 1 tbsp course ground pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat gas grill over medium-high heat until it reaches 400 degrees.
- Let the pork come to room temperature and dry with paper towel. Sprinkle ½ tsp each salt and pepper on each side of the park chop, rubbing it in!
- Grill 4 minutes per side, and then check internal temperature, if it’s reached 145 degrees remove from heat and put on 1 tsp butter on each pork chop and let rest covered with foil.
- If the internal temperature has not reached 145 degrees, let it cook for another minute and check temperature again.