I don’t know how many times I have been told that you can’t cook spaghetti noodles in the instant pot. But guess what? You can!! Here is an easy instant pot spaghetti recipe that uses beef. Plus a little trick you can use to add more veggies to the sauce!
If you’re a beginner instant pot user, this recipe is perfect to start with! It only has a few steps and I’ll walk you through each one so that you can get the perfect instant pot spaghetti recipe.
Where to start when making Instant Pot spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- First, you have to start with your ground beef. If your ground beef is still frozen, this is going to take longer because first you’ll have to defrost your ground beef.
- To defrost the meat in your instant pot, add 1 cup water to your instant pot, then pop in the trivet and set your meat on top of the trivet.
- Lock and seal the lid, and use the manual cook, pressure on high, and cook time for about 10 minutes.
- Your meat will not cook! Only the outside bits will cooked be but the middle will still be pink. Take the meat off the trivet, and discard the water.
Set your instant pot on saute mode, drop in your ground beef, chop up your onions and use your garlic press to add the garlic, and the other seasonings.
If you don’t already have a garlic press, you really should get one! It’ll make this process sooo much easier! Never mind 10X faster.
I mean you don’t even have to peel the garlic before popping them into press! It’s saved me a ton of time, and EVERY recipe that calls for garlic will instantly taste so much better if you use fresh garlic.
Anywho…. Once you have your ground beef, onions and garlic sautéing, stir, break up the ground beef, I do it with this super handy tool that makes it pretty easy! ( No more arm workout!)
The next step is how I add in extra veggies to my spaghetti sauce without too much extra work!
How to add veggies to your spaghetti sauce the lazy way.
I cheat. And I hereby give you permission to do this too! Very seldom will I remember to start dinner early enough to make my own spaghetti sauce. So yes, I use boughten. BUT here’s a little tip:
When your buying your spaghetti sauce, look at the ingredients first, the ones that taste the best, and are waay better for you, are the ones that don’t have sugar as the first or second ingredient.
And yes, that includes all the alternative words they use for it too:)
Did you know that you can buy groceries off of Amazon now? Amazon fresh will deliver it right to your door! We know sometimes it can get crazy busy and the thought to do groceries is just to much work. You can try out amazon for FREE with this link!!
Here’s where the little trick comes in,
Easy eh? And a quick win for you because you just took that whole spaghetti meal and made it almost gourmet!
And for a double win- the kids don’t even realize they are eating extra veggies!
So how do you cook spaghetti noodles in the instant pot?
This is super easy. Even easier than doing it the traditional way!
- Once you have your ground beef, spices, onions, extra veggies and sauce in the pot. Add in add 1 jar undrained diced tomatoes.
- Take the jar from the sauce and fill it up with water, close and shake it and dump the water into the instant pot!
- I start with just one jar of water. Let all the sauce come to a boil, break up your spaghetti and drop it into the pot, let it all come back to a boil.
THAT’S THE FIRST TRICK.
The sauce needs to start boiling again with the noodles in it.
Here’s the next trick:
The water has to cover the pasta! If your noodles are not covered by the sauce add enough water to cover the noodles.
Now your just have to lock the lid on, make sure your pressure valve is closed. Use manual cook and high pressure, and cook time for 5 minutes. Once the cooking time is over, let it naturally release for 5 minutes.
See how simple that was? I promise, even on a busy night you can still whip this together! And your kids will love you for it!
Check out these other super simple instant pot pasta recipes!
This Instant Pot Broccoli Mac n Cheese – This recipe will take away some of that mom guilt for serving mac n cheese for dinner! Plus… its only about 10 minutes hands on time to make!
Or this Instant Pot Veggie Beef Macaroni- A healthier twist to the classic mac in cheese! Think of what you’d get by combining mac n cheese and spaghetti, well kinda, but not really:)
I’d love to know in the comments if your family is big on spaghetti or not!
Have an instant pot but ready to take your recipes to the next level? Get these must have instant pot accessories!
Original Stack N’ Cook Stackable Insert Pans – 6, 8 Qt Electric Pressure Cooker – Accessories for Instant Baking, Lasagna Pans, Food Steamer, Pot in Pot – Interchangeable LidFopurs 12-piece Accessories Set Compatible with Instant Pot 6,8 QT, with Steamer Basket, Egg Rack, Springform Pan, Egg Bites Mold, 4 Cheat Sheet Magnets, Oven Mitts and MoreHatrigo Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt Steamer Basket [3qt 8qt Available], Fits InstaPot Pressure Cooker, Insta Pot Ultra Egg Basket w/Silicone Handle and Non-Slip Legs (Instant Pot 6 Quart)
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 TBSP Italiano Seasoning
- 6 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded zuchinni
- 1 jar water
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes
- 500 gr spaghetti noodles
- Put the instant pot on sauté, add oil, ground beef, onion, and all seasonings (including garlic) . Sauté
- Add sauce, water and tomatoes. Put the lid back on and let it come to a boil. Then add spaghetti, stir, let it come back to a boil, stir again to loosen up all the spaghetti.
- Put the lid back on, change it to manual cook and set the cook time for 5 minutes. Then use the quick release.
- I had to stir it pretty good afterwards, but we didn't have any clumps! Even without letting the water come to a complete boil before letting it pressurize.