Sometimes, you need meals from the pantry, right? Either you need to spend less on groceries, are cutting back on trips to the grocery store, or simply because you can’t go out as often to get groceries!
Well you’re in luck, because today I’m sharing a ton of meal made from pantry and freezer ingredients.
Not only that, but I’ll give you other ideas for variations too so that you can use up what you have in the house, or make one recipe multiple different ways so you can get even farther with your pantry meals.
Let’s get to it ya?
Tuna Noodle Casserole
A creamy casserole. that is filled with pasta, tuna, peas and topped with a crunchy topping
- if you don’t have tuna, use any other canned meat, or diced chicken, pork, or deli meat to add in!
- You can use whatever pasta type you have
- Sub with any other quick-cooking veggie, fresh, frozen or canned.
- If you are rationing your milk or don’t want to use it, use chicken broth or water mixed bullion powder.
This simple casserole is a potato lovers dream and the perfect comfort food meal! Also makes a great make-ahead casserole for the freezer, so double up!
- use any hashbrowns you have (shredded will work too)
- instead of using sour cream add an extra can of cream soup
- add in 1 can or 2 cups veggies.
- if you want to add protein, add in any canned meat, or dice chicken/pork and add it in.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
This casserole is made with broccoli, cauliflower, chicken and rice making it a super quick weeknight dinner, that you can even make ahead of time.
- Use frozen veggies of any kind.
- instead of using milk and cornstarch add in 1 can condensed soup
- use any meat you have! Ham would work really well too.
TaterTot Shepards Pie
Use tater tots instead of mashed potatoes to really cut back on prep time! This comfort meal is a family favorite and another great freezer meal, so double this one up too!
- Don’t use beef stock, just add water after the ground beef is cooked, and scrape the bottom of the pan clean and add in beef bullion, and pepper
- Use frozen or canned vegetables of any kind
- If you don’t like it, or have, tomato paste, just add 2 tbsp flour to the ground beef before adding water
Simple Beef Chili
This classic chili is an all-time favorite! Make a huge batch and use it for the other recipes coming up as well!
- use ground pork or chicken if need be
- Don’t add in the beer if you don’t have extra!
- Use frozen onions and peppers or leave it out entirely.
- If you don’t have much meat, or want to stretch what you have out, use this meatless chili recipe
Chili Mac N Cheese
By combining to comfort favorites of chili and macaroni and cheese, even the kids will love this dinner idea.
- use any pasta you have!
- use any cheese
Leftover Chili Cornbread Casserole
Use the rest of your leftover chili in this recipe! Don’t forget you can freeze chili and make all of these chili recipes a week (or 2!) apart from each other.
- Use a different topping like Bisquick, or biscuits.
Ham and Bean Soup
A super-fast recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes! Its a delicious and comforting, but healthy dinner ideas.
- if you don’t have ham or don’t want to use meat to make your supply last longer, leave it out!
- instead of using fresh if you don’t have it, use canned or frozen veggies.
Black Bean Meatballs with Pasta
The humble black bean gets its chance to shine as a meat substitute in these vegan, gluten-free meatballs!
- Use any type of pasta
- This is just the recipe for the meatballs, but you just need to boil the pasta, add in your sauce to the drained noodles, and then add the beans when they are cooked.
Chili Tuna Pitas
The pita pockets make a great lunch or a light healthy dinner!
- If you don’t have pitas, use anything else basically, buns, naan, tortilla wraps etc.
- Swap up the meat, instead of tuna use chicken or salmon!
Chinese Orange Chicken
This citrus chicken dinner is a little more prep work, but the end result is so worth it!
- Use pork if you don’t have chicken
- Serve with rice or any type of pasta instead
Beef Taco Rice
Super easy, 5 ingredient slow cooker meal!
- Use ground pork, turkey or diced chicken instead
- Use canned corn if you don’t have frozen, or leave it all the way out!
Split Pea Soup
A great dinner where you can throw your ingredients in and walk away!
- Use pork, or ham if you don’t have sausage! You can even leave it out altogether.
There you have it! I hope this list of meals you can make from your pantry helps you!