This fruity, but crunchy chicken salad wrap is seriously one of the easiest lunch recipes yet! This fruity chicken made with cabbage, grapes, mandarins and walnuts is a family favourite. The best part yet is you can make this salad ahead of time and prep it into a lunch kit and have this chicken salad as a wrap too.
Sometimes it can be hard to get a kid to eat something different right? I don’t know how many times my kids see me making something and declare instantly that they don’t like it.
Like hello?? You haven’t even tried it yet!
Shockingly enough that didn’t happen with this. (although when I was adding in the cabbage they were looking super skeptical)
This chicken salad wrap with fruit will truly only take you 15 minutes to get dinner on the table. If you don’t have chicken already prepped ahead of time (pretty soon I’m going to be sharing recipes with you that I prep ahead of time so that you can always have foods like that handy to make most recipes even easier!) it might take a bit longer, but if you have an instant pot it won’t take any effort on your part to throw in some frozen chicken.
Anyway I’ll stop blabbing and actually give you the recipe:)
Recipe for fruity chicken salad wraps
- Add the dressing ingredients (mayo, sour cream, s&p, and curry) to a bowl. Stir to combine
- Slice your fruit (mandarins and grapes) in half and add it to the dressing. The easiest way to slice the mandarin is to peel it, and then cut the entire madarin into 3 thick slices and then break off the pieces. This is alot easier than cutting each individual section in half!
- Shred your cabbage and onions. Use your mandoline slicer for this!! Makes it go super fast (you’ll be done within a couple minutes) so if you don’t have one yet go get one!! Its the easiest way to get the cabbage and onions sliced super thin in the least amount of time.
- Stir in the cabbage, onions and shredded chicken.
- Lay lettuce on top of your wrap (either shredded or the entire leaf) and spoon 1 cup filling onto the warp, roll up and serve!
Can you make this chicken salad with fruit ahead of time?
Yes you can! I often make it, then store it into 1 cup glass mason jars and store it in the fridge for 2 max of 3 days for an easy lunch. Since the chicken salad is made with cabbage it doesn’t get soggy to quickly.
How can I make this chicken salad as a wrap to take to /work?
You can make it as a kit! Simply add a wrap and lettuce into a container, and your jarred chicken salad. At work assemble your wrap together.
How long will this fruity chicken salad last in the fridge?
If you store the salad in a glass jar with a mason lid on it, it will last for 2, possibly 3 days before getting soggy! Store it in the back of the fridge where it is the coldest
What kind of fruit can I add to chicken salad?
Our favorites are mandarins and grapes. However you can add raisins, dried cranberries. You can also try it with strawberries, dried cherries or apples.
How can I make this chicken salad with fruit healthier?
If you want this recipe healthier, you can sub the mayo and sour cream for plain Greek yogurt. You can also use the lettuce as a wrap and skip the tortilla wrap to make it low-carb as well.
Are you making this recipe? Tag me in your Instagram stories @mamas.onepotmeals so I can see!
Slice fruit into bite sized pieces. Combine all ingredients except lettuce and wraps into a bowl. Place the leaf lettuce on top the wrap, top with ¾-1 c chicken salad. Roll up and serve! To make ahead: Make the filling and then divide into small mason jars and store in the fridge for 2-3 days. Assemble into wrap right before serving.
Slice fruit into bite sized pieces. Combine all ingredients except lettuce and wraps into a bowl. Place the leaf lettuce on top the wrap, top with ¾-1 c chicken salad. Roll up and serve!
To make ahead: Make the filling and then divide into small mason jars and store in the fridge for 2-3 days. Assemble into wrap right before serving.