Who doesn’t love a recipe that essentially only has 2 steps right? I mean, that’s only slightly more work than the dump and go recipes! This Crockpot Beef Taco Rice is just that! One step up from a dump and go recipe, but still so easy. With less than 10 minutes prep you can get dinner cooking for tonight.
Disclosure- This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a percentage of the payment for promoting the product at no extra cost to you!
While some people say that you can’t cook rice in the slow cooker, I myself have never had an issue with it! Maybe because this Beef taco rice only cooks for a few hours rather than the typical 6+ hours of traditional slow cooker recipes.
This recipe is going to be part of my new 5 real ingredient series! All the recipes in this series are only going to have 5 real ingredients. They’ll be easy to make, prepped super quick or ready in only 30 minutes! Who doesn’t need a bunch of recipes like that right? (If your confused about the number of ingredients that are listed and the 5 real ingredients- the ‘real ingredients’ only counts for actual ‘food’ that goes in the recipe, so things like spices and water aren’t included in the 5)
Not only are we starting a new series, BUT also a new format! Up until now all my recipes I give to you as a picture tutorial I give the recipe and pictures as we go, but now it’s going to be in live video!
The video is done in my facebook group (so if you haven’t joined yet, you really should so that you can catch them live and ask questions!) and then upload onto the post.
I’ll still be writing out the key points of the recipe, but if you want detailed explanations then watch me make the recipe, explaining as I go!
The key points to remember when making this Beef Taco Rice recipe:
- ALWAYS ALWAYS start with a hot frying pan. You always need to heat up the pan EMPTY and then add in your oil or meat
- Technically to have the best results for rice, it needs to be soaked for 20 minutes before using. SO soak your rice, and then drain and rinse. If you don’t soak it, you should at least rinse the rice to get the starches rinsed off
- Save money by making your own taco seasoning! 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp red pepper, 1 1/2 tsp paprika, 2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic, 2 tsp salt,1 tbsp chili, 1 tbsp cumin, ½ tsp oregano, mix it all together and use 2 tbsp for this recipe!
- If you want to make it on the stove top, add all the ingredients to the pan after your ground beef is cooked, then cover and cook on low for 30 minutes
- To add an extra ‘umph’ to the recipe, top with cheese and let it melt before serving!
- When serving, top with sour cream and chopped avocado to give it a pop of color and another layer of flavor!( not to mention more veggies…
In the video, I talk about using this ground beef tool! It is super handy! Its great for breaking up your hamburger really well so that you don’t have to do it with a fork(and scratching your pan in the process!) or trying to do it with a spoon. It’ll go so much faster using this! I also use it when I’m frying chopped bacon too:) The best part? It’s a cheap tool!
If you want to catch the recipes being made live next time- join the facebook group here! I go live 2x a week, the one time making a recipe, and the second sharing tips and tricks on cooking. Would love to have you join!
See how easy this Beef Taco Rice was to make? If your daughter is starting to get interested in cooking, this is a great recipe for her to start with! Or even if they aren’t interested, it’s a great one to get them started:) (Because everyone needs the basic skills of cooking right?)
I would love to see your pictures if you made it! Post a picture on Instagram and use the hashtag #MRMMADEIT and tag me @mamasrealmeals so I can see it!
And don’t forget, if you have any questions about this recipe, just drop them in the comments!
- 1 lb chicken, or ground beef
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups salsa
- If your using chicken, lay chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot, or dice it up before putting it in(depends if you want to cut it up now, or shred it after its cooked). If your using ground beef fry the ground beef on medium high heat first.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the crockpot, stir, and then put the lid on and cook on low for 3-4 hours. To kick it up a notch, shred 1 cup cheese and place it on top 1/2 an hour before serving.
- Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chili
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 oregano
Who has time to cut up all the veggies that go in a recipe anyways??
You do mama! In these 2-minute video lessons learn the tricks to cutting up each veggie quickly so that you can spend less time making dinner every night!
"I consider myself pretty skilled with using a knife when prepping dinner every night, but I learned some new skills too..." -- Renee
Need a salad that your kids will eat? The best part? You can sneak in more veggies with this best dressing ever for strawberry spinach salad!read more
Need an easy dinner idea that takes only one pot and has really easy cleanup? Not only that but this delicious and easy pasta recipe has a really short prep time!read more
Need an easy dinner because its 4 PM and you don’t have anything planned? This instant pot mac and cheese can be on your table in less than 30 minutes! With broccoli and sausage added in it becomes a rounded out comfort meal!read more
This spinach and tomato pork stir-fry is the perfect break from traditional stir-fry that will still be on the table in less than 30 minutes! It’s delicious, easy, and kid approved so its the perfect dinner for tonight!read more
Tired of your typical meals? Try out a new easy sheetpan meal that will only take you 10 minutes prep! This fish and veggie sheetpan dinner is also super versatile to what you have on hand.read more
Don’t want to spend the entire day in the kitchen? Spend some time in the kitchen a few days before and make the dishes ahead of time!read more
Need an easy and quick dinner for busy nights? This sausage and vegetable sheetpan dinner uses simple ingredients and not only that but its also customizable to what vegetables you have in your fridge! Easy prep and easy clean up make it a double win dinner!read more
Need a easy chicken recipe? We love this super simple lemon baked chicken! With only a few ingredients and less than 5 minutes prep.read more
Need a quick and simple dinner idea? This super easy grilled chicken recipe is so good! With only 3 main ingredients and 2 minutes prep, you can have it ready in 15 minutes,-plus there’s no marinating involved. Check it out to get some grilling tips as well.read more
Are you tired of having your beef roasts turning out dry? Follow my easy step by step recipes where I give you all the tips and tricks on how to make your chuck roast the best and most tender one you’ve had for dinner yet!read more